Analysts at the Institute for the Study of War named four regions in Russia where volunteer battalions are being formed for the war in Ukraine. These are Novosibirsk, Saratov, Ulyanovsk and Kurgan regions.
It is likely that Russian troops decided to attack Avdiivka frontally from the occupied territory of the Donetsk region, rather than wait for Ukrainian troops to retreat from defensive positions.
The Institute suggests that, judging by the statements and concerns of the Russian Ministry of Defense, Ukrainian strikes with HIMARS “demoralize the Russian military.”
Also, referring to the collected data, ISW reports that Ukraine does not have reliable data on those killed and injured in the explosion in the Elenevka colony in the occupied Donbas.
Also, analysts of the institute, citing unconfirmed reports, suggest that Iran could send the first batch of UAVs to Russia for field tests.
Key conclusions of ISW experts:
- Iran may have sent the first batch of drones to Russia and sent pilots and maintenance personnel to train on the Russian Su-35, potentially suggesting that Iran could try to use recent aviation agreements to facilitate the acquisition of Russian military equipment – aircraft.
- Russian troops conducted unsuccessful offensive operations to the northeast and northwest of the city of Kharkov.
- The occupiers made limited ground attacks northwest of Slavyansk and east of Seversk.
- The enemy forces made minor gains southeast of Bakhmut and continued offensive operations northeast and southeast of Bakhmut.
- Russian troops have been gradually advancing around Avdiivka and continue to attempt to advance southwest of Avdiivka.
- Russian troops launched two assaults in the north of the Kherson region and continue to redeploy troops to the southern axis.
- The Russian Federation is forming new volunteer battalions in the Novosibirsk, Saratov, Ulyanovsk and Kurgan regions, and is also changing the timing of the payment of monetary compensation.
- Ukrainian civilians continue to resist Russian occupation with acts of civil disobedience and guerrilla sabotage as the Kremlin considers long-term methods of population control in occupied Ukraine.
WE NEED YOU AT THIS CRUCIAL TIME IN OUR COUNTRY, THOUSANDS ARE DISPLACED WITH A DAILY INCREASE IN THE NUMBER OF CASUALTIES FROM THE RUSSIA WAR AGAINST UKRAINE.
YOU CAN HELP US WIN, PROVIDE MEDICAL AID AND CARE FOR THE REFUGEES BY SUPPORTING TOGETHER24 PROJECT WITH YOUR DONATIONS. FROM AS LITTLE AS $1 A GREAT IMPACT CAN BE MADE IN WINNING THIS WAR.
TOGETHER WITH YOU, UKRAINE WILL PREVAIL.